Friday, March 24, 2017

I Ain't Working Here No More!

Just like the song, Take This Job and Shove It..........that was how day kazillion went at the cabin this morning.  About an hour into the bedroom ceiling it started getting nasty.  At that point I should have turned, walked away, kept quiet and went back to do my wifey things at the house.  Being stubborn I thought we could get passed the guy trying to boss way too much with too much verbal not so nice instructions.  Let's see how did it go,  you have to push the board up and keep it there, hit the board square on, I will hold the board you nail it...............here you hold the nail, I will push up on the board and hit the nail...............Oh hell NO, I say.  I will not hit your finger, just hold the nail.  No, I say again and he said, you  don't believe I would hit your finger do you.  bursting out with a nasty laugh I said, why yes I do.....after all you hit your own thumb that has a black nail and ready to fall off.  That is when the thunder rolled and the earth started to move.  Thunder was us cutting loose on each other and the earthquake when I stomped off to the house.  Done, done, done.  I cleaned house just a fuming and scared to death he would try to work on the ceiling alone and screw it up!  Once I had calmed down to the point I could return to the cabin it was with great relief he had put the ceiling fan and light up.  Whew!  I had visions of boards laying all over the place that he threw when they wouldn't go into place.   We actually got the rest of the ceiling up without another burst of barking orders and my "Gross" temper staying low keyed.  Like we always say when we reach the boiling point, it's a damn good thing we did not have our pistols strapped on or someone would not have lived to see the morning dawn.  Another day in the life at Cook'n by the Creek.
Living room and bedroom, wall will be sheet rocked.

Kitchen area with recessed lights.
Tomorrow morning will be mostly the Mr.'s work at the cabin while I do a little sweeping and stacking wood.  The bathroom fan and light has to be installed along with the insulation put in the bathroom. ceiling  That should take about two hours and then we will be back at putting the tongue and groove up.  My prediction barring no unseen thunder storms or earthquakes, all of the ceiling will be done by 4 pm.  Then we have a couple walls to put tongue and groove on.  After that off to buy and haul the dry wall home.  Things will be moving along quickly from that point on. 

The reason I decided to write this blog was to let some know marriage is not always a "box of chocolates" and to let everyone know we do have our not so good days working together.  Sometimes it is down right bitter tasting but along with the bitter comes the chocolate or a glass of wine.  There have been many times in the last 49 years that it would have been easy to say "let's call it quits"  but the hard part would have been saying good bye and moving on.  At the end of the day or the end of a week (sometimes I give the silent treatment for days) staying was worth all the thunder storms.  Until the next storm it shall be a lot of laughs, chocolate and wine for me.  If ya can't enjoy the storms how would ya ever enjoy the sunshine. 

A well deserved night out with family at the 4 Mile Brewery in Olean.  I checked out the menu and it looks like my kinda food.  Beer not my pick so let there be wine.





No comments:

Post a Comment